Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spoilers!


Alright, you froods. I'm gonna spoil this for all of the slightly undercultured among us and include links for the more obscure characters:

1. Simpsons (Did you know Matt Groening intended Marge to be a bunny from one of his older comic strips? Supposedly her hair is hiding her ears.)
2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Currently being molested by Michael Bay)
3. South Park (OMG, they killed Kenny!)
4.Smurfs (The French/Belgian stuff kind of starts here)
6.Bert and Ernie. (If you didn't at least know that, seek help immediately)
7.Donald Duck, Huey, Louie, and Dewey. (Tell me you got this?)
8.Lucky Luke and the Dalton Gang. (This one is the toughest)

Alright. So I got all of them pretty quick, save Asterix and Lucky Luke. Those took a little longer, because I'm not that familiar with Asterix (sad, I know, but though I've read pretty nearly all of the Tintin stuff, I've only got my hands on one Asterix), and I thought Lucky Luke was too obscure for it to show up in something like this. Also the Dalton gang hasn't had the marketing the Turtles have.

I did see both the animated and live-action productions of Lucky Luke, and they are pretty strange. Entertaining, but strange. Check them out. If you like the actor from The Artist and Lucky Luke, catch him at his best in the OSS 117 movies.

There you have it. I've spoiled it all for you.

Update: I should point out that Lucky Luke and Asterix are actually hugely popular in Europe. I think they are relatively obscure here in the USA, which is unfortunate.
Update 2: Asterix has a theme park in France! (http://www.parcasterix.fr/en/monde/la-gaule)
"Are you proud as a Gallic cock and not afraid of getting wet?"

No comments: